Development of Sustainable Urban Centres with Active Involvement of Vocational Education and Training
This strategic partnership was established on the background of a regional plan for development of regional urban centres in Hordaland (2015). With ambitions to stimulate implementation of the plan, combined with the challenges of making VET education more relevant and more interesting department of regional development and department of education invited for a strategic partnership under Erasmus+ to address these issues. Invitations were sent out locally by Hordaland county, and internationally through the network of EARLALL in Brussels. 10 partners in 5 countries were selected and participated.
The project had two focuses:
- A total of 6 transnational meetings; hosted in all participating countries. Each meeting included site visits, presentations, and discussions. Reports were made from all meetings presenting information gained.
- Two intellectual outputs were addressed, and conclusive documents made:
- Intellectual Output 1 focused on establishment and benefits of three-parts cooperation on VET education; VET schools – business – municipality.
- Intellectual Output 2 focused on the importance of training for real and future competence needs.
- For both of the IO´s a Model description was made (Project Document 6 and 11)